Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weyerbacher Tiny

So it's July 28, the Summer Olympics are in full swing in London, and here in NJ we've been having some gnarly thunderstorms and hot days!  I didn't do much this week on the exercise front, I really need to get back on that wagon!




  Weyerbacher's Tiny, an 11.8% Belgian-style Imperial Stout, pours a deep black color, with a light brown head that doesn't stick around for very long.  After letting it warm up for around 15 minutes, I smell deep, roasted malts and dark chocolate.  Much the same in the taste.  Bitter chocolate, a touch of alcohol, and a nice roasted flavor.  It's a good imperial stout, but it doesn't really set itself apart from the other imperial stouts on the market.  I don't think I would buy this one again, but would definitely drink it if someone gave it to me.

A few things about the Summer Olympics opening ceremonies, LOVED Rowan Atkinson's (aka Mr Bean's) skits.  The ceremonies started out really neat, showing the start of the Industrial Revolution, and I definitely approve of the entrance of the Queen!  All the rest, was, to me, pretty much 'Eh, ho hum.'

No comments:

Post a Comment