Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sixpoint Brewery Righteous Ale

Welcome!  Tonight I am drinking another beer from Sixpoint Brewery out of Brooklyn, NY.  I'm going to give my thoughts on their Righteous Ale.  I first had this beer when Sixpoint first began to can their beers, but I haven't had it since.  Sixpoint describes Righteous Ale as being "made with Rye malt to provide a signature and distinct earthy character.  Seasoned and dry-hopped with herbal and citrus hops.  Truly Righteous."
Sixpoint Craft Ales, Righteous Ale, Rye Beer, Beer Review, Craft Beer

Righteous Ale
Rye Beer
6.3% ABV
57 IBUs
19 SRM

Righteous Ale pours dark red/brown with around a finger width sized off-white head.  The smell of rye immediately jumps out at me as I raise the glass to my nose.  The rye is mixed with a sweet caramel aroma.  There is also a decent dosing of flowery and citrusy hops.  Wow, my first sip from this beer, and I am floored by the rye in the flavor.  Rye is the most prevalent flavor, and is backed up by a grapefruit like bitterness.  The beer is medium bodied and average carbonation.
Sixpoint Craft Ales, Righteous Ale, Rye Beer, Beer Review, Craft Beer
Overall:  Fantastic beer.  The rye in this beer is not subtle at all, and that's just how I like it.  The hops add a nice bite, and just leave you wanting more!

Are you a fan of rye beers?  What do you think of Sixpoint Righteous Ale?  Let me know in the comments!

As always, find me on Facebook, Twitter and Google+!

No comments:

Post a Comment