Skip to main content

Beer Guide to Flemington, NJ

This is my first post in what will be a (weekly, monthly, who knows?) series of beer guides to areas around NJ.  They will serve to let you know places where you can definitely go to find some great beer.

So, you've found yourself in Flemington, NJ.  You're more than likely not here by mistake, as Flemington is one of the more out of the way boroughs in NJ.  The economic recession is loud and clear here, with loads of stores for rent/sale, and an outlet mall where half of the stores are empty.  However, there is a silver lining in recessions, and it seems the liquor stores are doing well!  Here are some places in Flemington, NJ you can go and have a wide selection of beer to choose from!

1.  Little Bros Beverage Outlet

67 Church Street, Flemington, NJ

908-788-3775

When I was new to the area, Little Bros is the first shop on this list I was told I had to check out.  They have a huge selection of beer/cider/mead from all over the world.  For six packs, the shelves are divided into regions, and they offer a ton!.  They also have a large selection of larger bottles to peruse through (salivate over) when you don't know quite what you want.  Check out these pictures I snapped in the shop.

Lit up sign outside Little Bros
Lit up sign outside Little Bros
Regional brews at Little Bros
Regional brews at Little Bros
Top shelf is ciders
Top shelf is ciders
Beers from Belgium
Beers from Belgium / Belgian-style
2.  Bourbon Street Wine & Spirits

326 Route 31, Flemington, NJ, 08822

908-237-9463

Depending on where you are coming from or going, Bourbon Street Wine & Spirits can be a little bit off your main path, but is well worth the visit.  I always find something unique when I step into their shop.

Entrance to Bourbon Street
Entrance to Bourbon Street
Some craft spirits
Some craft spirits
Always a nice selection of Allagash beers
Always a nice selection of Allagash beers
Small fridge section for singles
Small fridge section for singles

3.  Central Liquors
8 Reaville Avenue, Flemington, NJ, 08822
908-782-2518

Central Liquors has only recently come under my radar.  I took notice of them because they started advertising their growler station!  This is a great and welcome addition to the Flemington area, and I hope it's doing well for them!  They also have a decent selection of packaged beers.

Growler station at Central Liquors
Growler station at Central Liquors
Brooklyn Brewery tap takeover at the Central Liquors Growler Station
Brooklyn Brewery tap takeover at the Central Liquors Growler Station

4.  If you're in Flemington, there are tons of option within 25 miles.  Jake's (which is also in Flemington) is a restaurant with a great beer selection.  I will likely do a blogpost on them in the future.  Flounder Brewing out of Hillsborough will start selling their beer fairly soon.  Bishop Wine & Spirits in Whitehouse Station and Wegmans in Bridgewater both have great beer selections, and you can mix your own six pack.  Princeton holds Triumph Brewing Company, as well as lots of restaurants that serve top notch beer.  And finally, down by the river is River Horse Brewing, who are currently in Lambertville, but will soon be moving to Ewing.  Across the river from Lambertville is New Hope, PA, where there is another Triumph Brewing Company.

If you feel like I missed anything, feel free to let me know in the comments!


Find Mould’s Beer Blog on these Social Networks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogfish Head Positive Contact

Frankenstorm is on it's way.  Bread: Check.  Candles: Check.  Ice: Check.  Beer: Check!  The big storm is supposed to strike land here in NJ late Sunday night into early Monday morning, and last until late Tuesday.  Kerry and I live in the western part of NJ, so we should be safe from most of it, except for local river flooding.  Tonight I'll be reviewing Positive Contact from Dogfish Head.  This is their collaboration with Dan the Automator (who I honestly had never heard of before this collaboration). I poured Positive Contact into my Yards Brewing tulip glass.  It poured a pale orange, golden color with a two and a half finger width head.  Apples, bananas and peppers hit my nose right away.  The smell is incredible and strong.  The Positive Contact is full of flavor, and reminds me of a smooth drinking Belgian tripel.  It tastes immediately of fruity esters, mainly banana.  The finish is peppery.  I'm not getting any apple flavor.  This beer is light bodied, with

BJCP: Strong Scotch Ale (9E)

This is the first article in a new series of posts, where I will periodically choose a section from the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) style guidelines , write about the style, and then drink and publish my tasting notes from some of the commercial examples given by the BJCP.  Now, I'm not sure if I will ever actually take the exam to become a beer judge, but I think this will be a fun exercise to learn more about beer! Fair warning, I will not be doing the sections of the BJCP style guidelines in any sort of order.  Whichever kinds of beer I am craving is what I will be writing about! Strong Scotch Ales (also known as Wee Heavy) comprise sub-category 9E in the BJCP style guidelines.  They range between 6.5% and 10.0% ABV, and have a light copper to dark brown appearance.  Obviously, strong scotch ales are all about showcasing the malt.  While studying this style, I found it quite interesting that the brewers ferment out the wort at cooler temperatures than other

The Six-Pack Project: New Jersey

Welcome to the Six-Pack Project!  The idea of the project is to create a six-pack of beer that would best represent the current beer scene in your respective state.  For me, that is obviously New Jersey.  The Six-Pack Project was created by Bryan over at the This Is Why I'm Drunk blog.  Check out his introduction to the project here ! 10 years ago, beer probably wasn't the first thing that came to your mind when you were thinking about New Jersey.  However, times are changing, and it's an exciting time to be a beer drinker in the Garden State.  Every year, more and more bars are starting to serve a greater variety in beer.  Even more importantly, new breweries haven been opening in NJ each year, and lots more are in planning Today, there is a wide variety of beer brewed here in New Jersey.  Choosing six beers to best represent the state was no easy feat, but I was up for it!  Hopefully, the following will clue you in a little bit more to some o